About Me

My photo
West Virginia
When I started my retirement travels - the first of which was my solo overseas trip to Italy in 2009 - I wanted a way to share it with family and friends as it happened. Hence, "My Travel Journal". However I realized I wouldn't always be on a trip and wondered what to do with the blog in between times. My daughter pointed out, wisely, that travels can also include trips to the kitchen to try a new recipe, trips to visit family, trips to my neighborhood Starbucks, or a fun day trip with a friend. You're welcome to join me on any of these journeys!

P.S. I've set up separate pages for each of my major trips (see tabs above).

I recently added an "Italian Word a Day" thingie which shows up at the bottom of every page. You see the word and can click to hear it pronounced. I've been enjoying it and I think my accent is improving as time goes by.

Get my posts by e-mail

October 07, 2015

10 more days til "hasta la vista Huntington", "hola Espana!"

I'll be leaving Huntington on October 18 and will end up in Spain on October 21. I'd love to have you along via my blog if you're interested. I'll be in Madrid for 5 days, then Barcelona for 6 days (I think it's 6) and then I'm going over to Italy, first to Genoa to meet in person an on-line friend and then, of course, Florence. I'll be back in the states on November 9.  I've sprinkled in a few pictures just to whet your appetite.

The Palacio de Comunicaciones in Madrid - in English that's the central post office!  Not too shabby, right?

If you'd like to follow my trip you can use the "get my posts by e-mail" gadget above which will bring each post directly into your inbox. I've included clear instructions below on the process. There are several steps to go through but when you're done, you'll be all set to travel from the comfort of home.  If you do sign up, I'll post one more time before I leave for Spain probably late next week.  If you don't get a post in your inbox before October 18, and you let me know, I'll see if I can figure out why (which is probably doubtful!)

I'll be making a day trip to Toledo which was the capital of Spain in the 6th century.

Start by typing your e-mail address in the space under "get my posts by e-mail". A new window opens welcoming you to "Feedburner" and telling you your request has been accepted. (Sounds like you're done but you're not) You'll need to do one of those "text-catpcha" things to prove you're a real person and then click on "complete subscription request" which will open yet another screen which tells you that you'll get an e-mail in 2-10 minutes with a link to click to activate the subscription. Check your inbox (and/or junk/spam) and find the e-mail. When you click the link in it, you are finally a verified member and will receive my posts in your inbox until you unsubscribe.

Gaudi's Sagrada Famiglia in Barcelona.  This will take most of a day probably!

If you subscribe and have a minute, I'd appreciate your letting me know. And don't worry, when the trip is over and you get tired of my "news about nothing" posts, you can unsubscribe and I'll never know! And, it goes without saying, getting comments when I'm on my trips is always a big treat after a long day of "trekking".

Genova - mmmm....sea food!

Barcelona is going to be such fun.  My son and oldest daughter will join me there!!  We've rented an apartment, signed up for a cooking class, purchased advance tickets for our visit to the Sagrada Famiglia and are all really looking forward to it.

And mmmm....Firenze!!

No comments:

Italian Word Word of the Day

My Trusty Followers

Blog Archive