About Me

My photo
West Virginia
When I started my retirement travels in 2009, I wanted a way to share it with family and friends as it was happening. Hence, "My Travel Journal". However I realized I wouldn't always be on a trip and wondered what to do with the blog in between times. My daughter pointed out, wisely, that travels can also include trips to the kitchen to try a new recipe, trips to visit family, trips to my neighborhood Starbucks, or a fun day trip with a friend. You're welcome to join me on any of these journeys! I've set up individual pages for each of my major trips (see tabs above).

Also, I have an Etsy shop where my current needlework resides. The last pieces I posted here were in 2013! So if you'd like to see what I have accomplished recently, go to (and I apologize for having to copy and paste):

www.etsy.com/shop/thedollhouseneedle

I recently added an "Italian Word a Day" thingie which shows up at the bottom of every page. You see the word and can click to hear it pronounced. I've been enjoying it and I think my accent is improving as time goes by.

April 04, 2010

The Grandkiddies and Dinner at Hillbilly Hotdogs

Spent Thursday night and Friday night at Heather's.  Alex grilled us all beef tenderloin steaks on the grill which were wonderful!!  Friday, we took Sophia to her ballet school where they are "rehearsing" for a recital in June.  One can only say "good luck" to the two teachers!  Didn't see much ballet, but the little girls sure were cute!

Johnny and I then drove home Saturday after stopping for the obligatory "road trip Krispy Kreme donuts".  If I get on the road in the morning, there has to be a Kirspy Kreme involved!  It was a very easy trip and relatively fast, but by the time we got home and got the car unloaded and partially unpacked, I was so tired I could hardly see straight.  However, a walk to Hillbilly Hotdogs for "dinner" perked me up.  Then finished unpacking and opened my mail and discovered I had received my gold card from Starbucks!!  Big excitement...so then we went to Starbucks for a chocolate covered graham cracker and tea for me.  Then back home for jammies and an early night.

No text with these pictures (well, maybe a little...) - they're fairly self-explanatory.  The girl is Sophia, the boy is Johnny and the strange place is Hillbilly Hotdogs. :)






































We're sitting in a bathtub, by the way...























As you can see, ambiance is everything at Hillbilly Hotdogs.

Johnny was enthralled with the picture of the sad guy who has done his best to finish a "Homewrecker" which is, I think, about a 2 pound hotdog with everything on it - sauce, slaw, grilled peppers and onions, mustard, tomatoes, nacho cheese and grated cheddar, and I think that's about it.

So, y'all come, y'hear?!

3 comments:

Christoper said...

A little HBHD does the body (or maybe just the soul?) good, even if Jamie Oliver disagrees ;)

Unknown said...

Ah, Hillbilly Hotdogs...you ought to post a link to their website so everyone can have the joy of hearing the Hillbilly Hotdog song :)

Mary Lynne said...

Great idea, January although I went to their site and couldn't find their song anywhere. But the address is www.hillbillyhotdogs.com (strangely enough...) and, if nothing else, you will see more types of hotdog combinations on their menu than probably anywhere else in the world!

Italian Word Word of the Day

My Trusty Followers

Blog Archive