About Me

My photo
West Virginia
When I started my retirement travels in 2009, I wanted a way to share it with family and friends as it was happening. Hence, "My Travel Journal". However I realized I wouldn't always be on a trip and wondered what to do with the blog in between times. My daughter pointed out, wisely, that travels can also include trips to the kitchen to try a new recipe, trips to visit family, trips to my neighborhood Starbucks, or a fun day trip with a friend. You're welcome to join me on any of these journeys! I've set up individual pages for each of my major trips (see tabs above).

Also, I have an Etsy shop where my current needlework resides. The last pieces I posted here were in 2013! So if you'd like to see what I have accomplished recently, go to (and I apologize for having to copy and paste):

www.etsy.com/shop/thedollhouseneedle

I recently added an "Italian Word a Day" thingie which shows up at the bottom of every page. You see the word and can click to hear it pronounced. I've been enjoying it and I think my accent is improving as time goes by.

December 02, 2010

I've Added Some Recipes to My Collection

And sometime   I'm going to figure out a way to organize them into categories or something.  But for now,  I'm just going to put them in with all the others.

Here are the ones I'll be posting today so if you want to take a look at any of them, click on the "My Recipe Collection" link above.

Baked Potato Soup (a good one right now - it's been snowing off and on all day!)
Split Pea Soup
Osso Buco
Short Rib Ragu
Curried Chicken Salad Sandwich
Chicken Ragu Over Polenta
Vegetable Gratine for One
Roasted Carrots W/Orange Brown Butter and Sage
Smoked Salmon Fettucine for One
My Sister's Mushroom Sauce for Pasta

I've made all of these myself and they're ones I saved as keepers.  In fact I'm glad I decided to post them cause it's made me think I need to make them again.  I have some smoked salmon in the fridge, actually.  And tonight I'm baking a potato but I'm going to slow cook cabbage to serve over it so won't be turning it into soup.  That cabbage over potatoes was a dish I came up with when I was doing Weight Watchers and counting points.  I chop up the cabbage, put it in a skillet with some water (not a lot), add 1 tsp butter and 1 tsp bacon grease and cook until really soft and brothy.  Dump it on top of the opened, salted and peppered potato and it is good!  And 5 points!  I sometimes add onions too...oh, and sometimes I do the same thing but with fresh green beans.  And the cooking until quite soft is the West Virginia way and I love it.

So, buon appetito and if you try any of these, I hope you enjoy them and/or will let me know how you liked them.

No comments:

Italian Word Word of the Day

My Trusty Followers

Blog Archive