About Me

My photo
West Virginia
When I started my retirement travels in 2009, I wanted a way to share it with family and friends as it was happening. Hence, "My Travel Journal". However I realized I wouldn't always be on a trip and wondered what to do with the blog in between times. My daughter pointed out, wisely, that travels can also include trips to the kitchen to try a new recipe, trips to visit family, trips to my neighborhood Starbucks, or a fun day trip with a friend. You're welcome to join me on any of these journeys! I've set up individual pages for each of my major trips (see tabs above).

Also, I have an Etsy shop where my current needlework resides. The last pieces I posted here were in 2013! So if you'd like to see what I have accomplished recently, go to (and I apologize for having to copy and paste):

www.etsy.com/shop/thedollhouseneedle

I recently added an "Italian Word a Day" thingie which shows up at the bottom of every page. You see the word and can click to hear it pronounced. I've been enjoying it and I think my accent is improving as time goes by.

May 17, 2015

"Follow me by e-mail" test

I'm just posting this for any of you who may have used the "follow me" link I've set up on my blog.  I tested it on myself and it worked so I hope it does for others too.  And as long as I'm here, I'll just post some of the random pictures I've taken recently - mostly from the windows of my condo - I have become a real sky-watcher since I moved here and my windows make it hard to contemplate a move at some point in the future!

I took these one foggy morning - I do like seeing the fog on the river.  The one on the left is cropped quite a bit but the one on the right is pretty much the actual view from my  window.  That white building right in front is right across the street - it's five stories and I'm on the 9th story of my building.

These next three were taken about a week later.  I loved the one hole in the cloud with its "patch of blue".  And then a little later I looked out and there was that stunning white cloud hanging over the coal exchange building.


And, finally, last night I was not in the mood to cook dinner and had about talked myself into take-out Pad Thai.  But I had a fresh loaf of River and Rail's French bread making me feel guilty for not eating some of it right away so I poked around a bit more in the cupboards and decided I would make myself some bruschetta. It was delicious and I've posted what I did HERE.  Had just about finished eating it when I thought to take a picture of it so here it is.


No comments:

Italian Word Word of the Day

My Trusty Followers

Blog Archive