About Me

My photo
West Virginia
When I started my retirement travels in 2009, I wanted a way to share it with family and friends as it was happening. Hence, "My Travel Journal". However I realized I wouldn't always be on a trip and wondered what to do with the blog in between times. My daughter pointed out, wisely, that travels can also include trips to the kitchen to try a new recipe, trips to visit family, trips to my neighborhood Starbucks, or a fun day trip with a friend. You're welcome to join me on any of these journeys! I've set up individual pages for each of my major trips (see tabs above).

Also, I have an Etsy shop where my current needlework resides. The last pieces I posted here were in 2013! So if you'd like to see what I have accomplished recently, go to (and I apologize for having to copy and paste):

www.etsy.com/shop/thedollhouseneedle

I recently added an "Italian Word a Day" thingie which shows up at the bottom of every page. You see the word and can click to hear it pronounced. I've been enjoying it and I think my accent is improving as time goes by.

September 23, 2019

Verona

Here's a break for all of you who suffer through my very lengthy posts.  I don't have a single picture of anything in Verona and after really straining my brain yesterday, the only thing I pulled out of my it was the shower in the B&B where I stayed - mainly because it didn't have a wrap-around thin curtain like Padua had.  It had a door and a bright blue and yellow pad on the floor.

After the way too long trek to the train in Padua (because of misdirections) , and then the horrendous walk to my B&B, (no misdirections just very long and lots of construction, etc.) I decided that since it was mid-afternoon when I got to Verona and I was leaving the next morning, I would just stay in. 

Needless to say, I took a taxi to the station!

The End!

7 comments:

Chris B. said...

Awww... sorry to hear that the commuting element precluded any chance to take in Verona... Chalk it up to a "breather day" of down-time, in the midst of your various comings and goings.
--C

January said...

Some days all you need is a little wine and some rest!

Sophia Lysantri said...

Glad you’re enjoying your trip so far. Sorry about the problems in Verona.

Unknown said...

wow - that pizza with the handle looked delicious! I forgot how wonderfully decorative the brickwork is on many of the Italian churches - so lovely! I'm glad you've had such a nice visit in Vicenza! Not sure if my comments to your posts are making their way to you as I don't see my initial one for Vicenza. Looking forward to your next post and pics!

Mary Lynne said...

I'm answering "unknown" because it's fine that you're using that method but I'd like to know who you are. If you're uneasy posting with your name, maybe just put your initials in or something in the text that will give me a clue.

Happy you're posting! :)

Unknown said...

It's me (Heather) mom; not sure why I am showing up as unknown. It should be linked to my gmail account details.

Mary Lynne said...

Lord, Heather, your guess is as good as mine. But as long as you give me a clue to who you are, then I'll know that my favorite oldest daughter has checked in. :) And to the other unknown who I think might be my sister, you posted about the pizza and that was Vicenza. I'm just moving so fast it's hard to keep track of me, right? Well, not for very much longer, thank heavens! I am SO looking forward to Firenze!

Italian Word Word of the Day

My Trusty Followers

Blog Archive