About Me

My photo
West Virginia
When I started my retirement travels in 2009, I wanted a way to share it with family and friends as it was happening. Hence, "My Travel Journal". However I realized I wouldn't always be on a trip and wondered what to do with the blog in between times. My daughter pointed out, wisely, that travels can also include trips to the kitchen to try a new recipe, trips to visit family, trips to my neighborhood Starbucks, or a fun day trip with a friend. You're welcome to join me on any of these journeys! I've set up individual pages for each of my major trips (see tabs above).

Also, I have an Etsy shop where my current needlework resides. The last pieces I posted here were in 2013! So if you'd like to see what I have accomplished recently, go to (and I apologize for having to copy and paste):

www.etsy.com/shop/thedollhouseneedle

I recently added an "Italian Word a Day" thingie which shows up at the bottom of every page. You see the word and can click to hear it pronounced. I've been enjoying it and I think my accent is improving as time goes by.

January 01, 2001

A few pictures of my sewing store (The (Fabric) Fabric Store

There's a little upstairs apartment that I didn't include in these pictures because I mostly wanted to show the inside of the actual sewing store.  Most of this probably won't be much help to Julie who is looking for sewing/quilt scenes, but it was a good excuse to "show and tell"! :)

This is the front.  The reason for it being called The (Fabric) Fabric Store is because everything used in its construction is pretty much fabric, sewing notions, trims, etc.  For example, the thimble lights here and the darning needle railing upstairs.

This is the full scene of the sewing shop...

This is the right side wall with my little thread cabinet and ribbon display - I was kind of proud of those. :)

This is the lace trims display...

And this is the pegboard display on the left side wall.

This is very definitely the most fun I ever had with a project.  Once the idea of using fabrics, trims and notions came into my head, I couldn't stop!

2 comments:

Anne said...

Mary Lynne, I especially like the fabric on long poles that is hanging on the right wall. It's wonderful. I've never seen one in a miniature shop, only in a rl store. Your wide bobbins of lace is also unusual to see and adds so much to your shop. Your shop is one of the nicest I've seen. Great job!

Anne
GSOLFOT

Mary Lynne said...

Thanks for your very nice comments, Anne! I always loved those rolls of fabric in RL stores - somehow always made me want to buy the fabrics. This is the only project that I began to have an image in my mind of the story behind it. The shop would be owned by an "golden years" spinster who had lost her young man in say, WWI, and so loved all the fancy fabrics and laces that she never got to use for a wedding gown. And, of course, she lived over the shop with furniture from her family's home...

Italian Word Word of the Day

My Trusty Followers

Blog Archive