About Me

My photo
West Virginia
When I started my retirement travels in 2009, I wanted a way to share it with family and friends as it was happening. Hence, "My Travel Journal". However I realized I wouldn't always be on a trip and wondered what to do with the blog in between times. My daughter pointed out, wisely, that travels can also include trips to the kitchen to try a new recipe, trips to visit family, trips to my neighborhood Starbucks, or a fun day trip with a friend. You're welcome to join me on any of these journeys! I've set up individual pages for each of my major trips (see tabs above).

Also, I have an Etsy shop where my current needlework resides. The last pieces I posted here were in 2013! So if you'd like to see what I have accomplished recently, go to (and I apologize for having to copy and paste):

www.etsy.com/shop/thedollhouseneedle

I recently added an "Italian Word a Day" thingie which shows up at the bottom of every page. You see the word and can click to hear it pronounced. I've been enjoying it and I think my accent is improving as time goes by.

December 01, 2001

Christmas Mix

This recipe was given to me years ago by a friend where I worked and I've pretty much made it every Christmas since then.  Well, probably not the last 2 or 3 - I go to my kids now and so I don't do as much Christmas baking/cooking as I used to.

3 c. Rice Chex
3 c. Corn Chex
3 c. Cheerios
3 c. Pretzel sticks (I break them in half)
3 c. Dry roast peanuts (I buy the standard size jar which I think is less than 3 cups)
1/2 c. M&M's
1 pound white chocolate cooking wafers

Mix all the dry ingredients together (not the M&M's).  Melt the white chocolate wafers in a double boiler and gently stir into the mix until everything is well coated.  Add the M&M's and then spread out on sheets of waxed paper to dry.  Break up when thoroughly cool and store (I always used to put mine in one of those big candy store type jars with the red lids.  My kids and I and all the folks at work ate this like there was no tomorrow. 

No comments:

Italian Word Word of the Day

My Trusty Followers

Blog Archive