About Me

My photo
West Virginia
When I started my retirement travels in 2009, I wanted a way to share it with family and friends as it was happening. Hence, "My Travel Journal". However I realized I wouldn't always be on a trip and wondered what to do with the blog in between times. My daughter pointed out, wisely, that travels can also include trips to the kitchen to try a new recipe, trips to visit family, trips to my neighborhood Starbucks, or a fun day trip with a friend. You're welcome to join me on any of these journeys! I've set up individual pages for each of my major trips (see tabs above).

Also, I have an Etsy shop where my current needlework resides. The last pieces I posted here were in 2013! So if you'd like to see what I have accomplished recently, go to (and I apologize for having to copy and paste):

www.etsy.com/shop/thedollhouseneedle

I recently added an "Italian Word a Day" thingie which shows up at the bottom of every page. You see the word and can click to hear it pronounced. I've been enjoying it and I think my accent is improving as time goes by.

June 12, 2010

Mostly Pictures

Because there's not a whole lot to report!  Thursday we worked hard on getting as much finished in the garage as we could.  And since the weather was not looking too promising, we had to spend a fair amount of time arranging things so they would all fit in the garage in case it rained.  We rewarded ourselves with a delicious honest-to-goodness bacon cheeseburger and truly crispy fries at Va's and Larry's favorite brew pub came back and flaked out for a bit, did some grocery shopping and ran a couple of errands, had dinner and watched the remaining episodes of The IT Crowd first season, first disc and about laughed ourselves silly.

And during all our running around, my sister was kind enough to stop periodically and let me take yet more photos.  The following are just more beautiful views - the farm animal pictures and all the buildings in back of them are all Univ. of Mass.  They must have a large agricultural program because they have a lot of the farming sites in this area.






The sky is beautiful whether it's sunny or cloudy it seems.

Friday morning, we started the day with a turkey in the back yard...


We were in pretty good shape for the big Saturday sale but had lots of little bits and pieces to finish and stew around over. Got that accomplished...






















and took a nice break back at the Thorne Market shopping center, had a little lunch at the cafe there, wandered through a neat store called The Cedar Chest which seemed to have anything and everything that could appeal to a woman - cards and stationery, candles, kitchen stuff, table linens, garden decor, baby clothes and toys, nightwear, perfumes and cosmetics...and really nicely displayed.  Then stopped on the way out and bought another one of those "best chocolate chip cookies in the world".  But I think that was about it.  Until.....hmmm...it's late, I'm sleepy, so tomorrow I'll post the rest of the pictures from our Friday night "treat"...  (tee hee)

No comments:

Italian Word Word of the Day

My Trusty Followers

Blog Archive