About Me

My photo
West Virginia
When I started my retirement travels in 2009, I wanted a way to share it with family and friends as it was happening. Hence, "My Travel Journal". However I realized I wouldn't always be on a trip and wondered what to do with the blog in between times. My daughter pointed out, wisely, that travels can also include trips to the kitchen to try a new recipe, trips to visit family, trips to my neighborhood Starbucks, or a fun day trip with a friend. You're welcome to join me on any of these journeys! I've set up individual pages for each of my major trips (see tabs above).

Also, I have an Etsy shop where my current needlework resides. The last pieces I posted here were in 2013! So if you'd like to see what I have accomplished recently, go to (and I apologize for having to copy and paste):

www.etsy.com/shop/thedollhouseneedle

I recently added an "Italian Word a Day" thingie which shows up at the bottom of every page. You see the word and can click to hear it pronounced. I've been enjoying it and I think my accent is improving as time goes by.

October 22, 2014

THE TREE (and I know what kind it is)

PRESENTING...

I looked up this name and my big sis was right - this is a type of banyan tree.
This first picture with the family who I began to worry would never leave makes me glad they stayed long enough for me to take a picture with them in it cause it gives a good idea of the size of the main trunk.  They weren't way out in front of it, they were fairly close.

And I have to admit the rest til the last one are pretty similar, but I took many, many and am putting in not too many.  And how can you post just one or two pictures of such a mavel??




 And this last one I took because as I finally made myself walk past the tree I saw this big thing laying on the ground and on closer inspection realized it was a root!  Looked like part of a dinosaur's foot or something.
Anyway, I was totally impressed by it and glad my trip to Archimede's tomb took me past it.




1 comment:

Christopher said...

Wow.. did anyone tell you the age (guesstimate) of that tree? I think I remember reading they drop down those vertical "trunks" off branches, to help pull up more water... Very impressive specimen!

Italian Word Word of the Day

My Trusty Followers

Blog Archive